Open Enrollment for 2017 health plans starts November 1, 2016. Are you ready?
1. Mark your calendar with important Dates & Deadlines
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2017 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2017.
- December 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1, 2017.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2017: Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
2. Get ready with an application checklist
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Tax returns for previous years
- Employer and income info (pay stubs, W-2 forms)
- Policy Numbers. For any current health insurance and information about employer-sponsored coverage.
3. Learn if you can save money on health insurance
Are you eligible for a tax credit?
- People have got Obamacare plans for as low as $50 in the previous years because they were eligible for a subsidy that lowers their monthly premiums.
- How? The premium tax credit helps lower your monthly expenses. This subsidy is available to people with family incomes between 100% and 400% of the poverty level who buy coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Starting November 1, you can enter your basic details on www.truecoverage.com, see how much you can save and get a FREE health insurance quote.
4. Learn the most important insurance terms right now
- Premium – The amount you pay for your health insurance every month.
- Deductible – The amount you pay for covered health care services before your insurance plan starts to pay.
- Co-pay– A fixed amount ($20, for example) you pay for a covered health care service after you’ve paid your deductible.
- Co-insurance– The percentage of costs of a covered health care service you pay (20%, for example) after you’ve paid your deductible.
5. Get Free assistance to choose the right plan
TrueCoverage is a private health insurance marketplace that offers medical, dental and vision plans from leading carriers.
You can shop and compare health plans right here on our website and Get a Free Quote.
Get the assistance of a licensed insurance agent by calling +1 888-505-1815. We are here to help you 24/7 and it’s free.
2017 Open Enrollment simplified – Don’t miss our one-stop-shop for all questions related to Open Enrollment. Learn more now!