There are three vital questions to ask yourself
- Do I need to enroll in a prescription drug plan?
- When should I enroll in a prescription drug plan?
- What type of plan is right for me?
- ‘Creditable’ prescription drug coverage
- Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan
Note: You may not have coverage from more than one of these categories at any one time.
Do I Need To Enroll In a Prescription Drugs Plan?
The short answer is YES!
Although Part D and Advantage Prescription plans are ‘optional’ there are time-related late-enrollment penaltieyour coverage. In the and more importantly you will be entirely responsible for the cost of prescription drugs not covered by Medicare (Parts A&B).
medicare prescription drugs plan