This is the time to review the medicare advantage plans in 2020. If you already have Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Medicare Part B (medical insurance), the Original Medicare, you may choose to obtain your benefits by combining Part A and Part B to create your personal MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN (PART C) and make the most of your Medicare premium in year 2020.
Why should I change to Medicare Advantage Plans in 2020?
Medicare Advantage plans are contracted to provide at least the same level of coverage as Original Medicare and they are offered by private insurance companies.
Medicare Advantage Plans generally offer better value either in terms of lower monthly premiums or improved benefits. In addition to the benefits you would receive from an Original Medicare plan, your Medicare Advantage plan can include prescription drug coverage (otherwise known as Medicare Part D), routine dental and vision care.
With Medicare Advantage Plans you can establish a single point of contact for all your health insurance needs including prescription drugs.
Medicare Advantage plans 2020 – The Advantages
- When you combine your Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B in a Medicare Advantage Plan you can transfer it to the private insurance company of your choice. These companies are contracted to Medicare to provide the equivalent coverage. Many of them do so for less than the Medicare premium or provide additional coverage for less than the equivalent Medicare supplements.
- With a Medicare Advantage plan, you have more freedom to negotiate your co-payments and co-insurances. You may save on every office visit or prescription.
- Unlike Medicare original plans, Medicare Advantage plans offer to limit your ‘out of pocket’ expenses. This allows you to consider a ‘worst case’ scenario.
- Most Medicare Advantage plans are managed through a network of contracted healthcare providers, a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO). You choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) to coordinate your medical and care needs. Depending on your plan you may select your current physician or one more appropriate to your current needs.
Medicare Advantage plans 2020 – The considerations
- Medicare Advantage plans deliver health care through a network of providers. If you want to be certain that your plan includes your current providers you can contact your chosen Health Exchange who will be able to advise you and help to find the plan that best suits your needs.
- If you go off ‘network’ you may not be covered for your medical costs and your costs may not contribute to your ‘out of pocket’ maximum.
- If you travel a great deal, Medicare Advantage plans may not be for you. Most plans have regional networks but you can take short-term coverage for occasional trips. It may still be less expensive than Medicare Original. Make the most of your Medicare Premium.
- Medicare Advantage plans may be more affordable, give you better value and more flexibility to choose a plan or plans that best meet your personal circumstances.
- Advantage plans will give you greater confidence and security as a result of knowing your maximum risk
- To take the best advantage you will need to stay ‘in network’ and keep to the rules of your chosen Health Insurer.
If you are renewing your existing plans or enrolling for the first time, do nothing before you take independent advice.
Call 1-844-907-0723 today and consult with our licensed insurance agents! It’s absolutely free.
Enter your zip code and get a free quote here.
Our advice is free and unbiased. We act on your behalf to secure the coverage that best meets your needs. Talk to us at TrueCoverage and we will find the plans, from thousands, that offer value, confidence and security.