While the 2022 Open Enrollment window for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) ended at the beginning of the year, don’t fret if you haven’t gotten cheap health insurance coverage! We are currently in the Special Enrollment Period (SEP), which allows certain triggering events to qualify you to apply for affordable health insurance now.
Have you recently moved to a different county? Or even just a different zip code? Both of these moves qualify as triggers under the SEP for you to utilize a health insurance marketplace, such as TrueCoverage, to shop from more than 50,000 different health insurance plan options across the U.S.
Due to the expansion of the benefits of the ACA made under the current administration, more people than ever qualify for deep discounts on their monthly health insurance premiums and 70 percent of TrueCoverage applicants may even qualify for FREE quality health insurance!
Other forms of changes in residency are triggering events for the SEP as well, these include a student moving to or from where they attend school or a seasonal worker moving to or from where they work. Trigger events even include being a victim of a natural disaster or being released from incarceration in a jail or prison.
Haven’t moved recently? Don’t worry, there may be a different form of triggering event that will include you!
Special Enrollment Period (SEP) qualifiers include:
- Loss of Coverage
- Losing eligibility for Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP
- Loss of job
- ACA coverage is often more affordable than COBRA!
- Loss of health insurance coverage through school
- Becoming age 26 and losing parental coverage
- Health insurance enrollment or plan error
- Change in Household
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth or adoption of a new baby
- Death in the family
- Separating from a domestic abuse partner
- Becoming a U.S. Citizen
- Housing Changes
- Moving to a different ZIP code or county
- A student moving to or from where they attend school
- A seasonal worker moving to or from where they work
- Moving to or from a shelter or transitional housing
- Being a victim of a natural disaster
- Being released from incarceration (jail or prison)
- AmeriCorps members starting or ending their service
- Low-Income Families – Annual Income Threshold
- Single Household – $19320 annually
- Household of Two – $26130 annually
- Household of Three – $32940 annually
- Household of Four – $39750 annually
- Household of Five – $46560 annually
Visit TrueCoverage.com to see what you may qualify for, or call 1-888-353-0027 to speak to a TrueCoverage agent to discuss your options.