“A passion for putting patients first”- Anonymous
According to the health care law, every state in the USA needs an established health insurance marketplace. This is your one-stop shop for all kinds of health coverage. Health insurance is just as important as any other shopping you do for your livelihood needs. With the exchange (health insurance marketplace), you can compare all the available options in your state, and choose a health plan that fits your requirements best.
Know these 6 facts about the options in health insurance:
- Under every ACA health insurance plans, important benefits must be covered like- hospitalization, visits by doctors, prescription drugs, lab tests, and so on.
- Your insurer must explain the benefits within every plan and its cost in a clear, easy and comprehensive language. No fine prints are allowed.
- Even if you have pre-existing conditions, you cannot be denied coverage.
- Free application help is available.
- Free preventive care.
- In case you need financial help, it is available.
You need to understand that just like you insure your house and car, your health too needs to be protected from mishaps. If you have health insurance coverage, you are not left vulnerable to huge medical costs in case of an illness. In case you have not enrolled during Open Enrollment 2016, get ready for 2017 (which opens from November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017). We know that no one plans to get sick or injured. However, you should not become bankrupt because you have a sudden injury or illness.
Even when you feel that your present health conditions are fine, you may have hereditary illnesses like high blood pressure, diabetes, cervical or/and breast cancer, etc. These will leave you open to the risks of huge medical charges, something you may not be able to get through alone. Once you have health insurance, you remain protected from the unexpected and dire circumstances.
If you wonder whether you are eligible for using the health insurance marketplace, you need to fall under the following criteria:
- You must be living in the US
- You must either be legally present in the US or a citizen.
- You cannot be in prison.
Citizen of the USA living outside
- Those US citizens who live outside the USA for more than 330 days in a period of 12 months need not be covered for that period.
- If you have no insurance and live off-shore, you can get health insurance exemption.
The significance is, you do not have to pay a penalty that uninsured people are paying at present. Health insurance marketplace usually covers medical facilities provided by hospitals, physicians, and different other health services in America.