With the recent surge of the fast-spreading Omicron-variant of COVID-19, it seems like every pharmacy you visit is out of tests, and every in-house testing facility features long lines and even longer waits for results.
That is why the U.S. government has introduced CovidTests.gov, an easy-to-use website you can use to quickly receive four FREE home COVID-19 tests, mailed to your home address. The website claims that orders are currently shipping in seven to twelve days.
Beyond the free home test kits from the government, the current administration has also made over-the-counter at-home COVID-19 tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022, reimbursable by health insurance.
Health insurance plans are now required to reimburse the cost of up to 8 at-home tests per month for each individual on your health insurance plan. Just be sure to save your receipt to submit a claim to your health insurer for reimbursement. The CMS.gov website provides details regarding these reimbursements and your health insurer’s website will also have specific information regarding their program.
Finally, 400 million free N95 face masks, known as the gold standard in protection against the Omicron strain of COVID-19, are now available in tens of thousands of pharmacies and community health centers nationwide. While distribution has begun, specific dates and locations are not yet released. Mask disbursement will be limited to three masks per person per visit to allow all Americans access to the program.
- Albertsons Companies, Inc. (including Osco, Jewel-Osco, Albertsons, Albertsons Market, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Shaw’s, Haggen, Acme, Randalls, Carrs, Market Street, United, Vons, Pavilions, Amigos, Lucky’s, Pak n Save, Sav-On)
- Costco Wholesale Corp.
- CPESN USA, LLC
- CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (including Long’s)
- GeriMed (long-term care and retail pharmacies)
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy and AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation’s pharmacy services administrative organization (PSAO), Elevate Provider Network
- Health Mart Pharmacies
- H-E-B, LP
- Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Innovatix (long-term care pharmacies)
- Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Ralphs, King Soopers, Smiths, City Market, Dillons, Mariano’s, Pick-n-Save, Copps, Metro Market, QFC)
- LeaderNET and The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Cardinal Health’s PSAOs
- Managed Health Care Associates (retail and long-term care pharmacies)
- Meijer, Inc.
- Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Retail Business Services, LLC (including Food Lion, Giant Food, The Giant Company, Hannaford Bros Co, Stop & Shop)
- Rite Aid Corp.
- Southeastern Grocers (Winn-Dixie, Harveys, Fresco Y Mas)
- Topco Associates, LLC (including Acme Fresh Markets, Associated Food Stores, Bashas, Big-Y Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Super One Pharmacy, FRESH by Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Coborn’s Pharmacy, Cash Wise Pharmacy, MarketPlace Pharmacy, Giant Eagle, Hartig Drug Company, King Kullen, Food City Pharmacy, Ingles Pharmacy, Raley’s, Bel Air, Nob Hill Pharmacies, Save Mart Pharmacies, Lucky Pharmacies, SpartanNash, Price Chopper, Market 32, Tops Friendly Markets, ShopRite, Wegmans, Weis Markets, Inc.)
- Walgreens (including Duane Reade)
- Walmart, Inc. (including Sam’s Club)
Uninsured? You likely qualify for cheap and often even FREE health insurance through the Affordable Care Act (ACA)! During the Special Enrollment Period (SEP) TrueCoverage is able to connect you with quality ACA health insurance if you have had a qualifying life changing event recently, such as losing your health insurance, moving, getting married/pregnant, having a baby and more.
Or, if you are approaching 65 years of age, we also offer Medicare Advantage plans or supplemental policies!