“Short Term Health Insurance Options”
“Plans available at half the price of ACA plans”
Short term health insurance plans can be extremely beneficial option for emergency and smaller health requirements. This kind of plan can specifically benefit those individuals and their families who happen to be healthy, and require minimum health consulting.
Many health insurance consumers in America are perplexed by the strict Open Enrollment window every year that allows them to buy health care coverage. Even the Special Enrollment Period has several caveats and you cannot get covered if you don’t have a qualifying life event. Short term insurance, on the other hand, offers quick and easy health insurance options that you can purchase year around.
What is Short Term health insurance?
Short Term health insurance, often referred to as Term health insurance or Temporary health insurance, helps you bridge gaps in your health care coverage during times of transition. It is often considered to be the affordable and flexible alternative to ACA health plans. It requires medical underwriting and a series of medical questions determines your eligibility.
Are you eligible to buy short term insurance?
Short Term health insurance plans are favorable for:
- Under 65 and in good health
- 26 and out of parents’ insurance
- Transition between jobs
- Does not have health insurance coverage – missed Open Enrollment and do not have a qualifying event for Special Enrollment
- During the time before next Open Enrollment begins
- Out of school or a university student
- Landed a new job and waiting for the benefits to begin
- Waiting for Medicare
- A temporary alternative to COBRA insurance
- Divorced, and waiting for qualifying coverage to begin
What are the key benefits?
- Low price all the way – Premiums are half the price of ACA plans, if not lesser
- Flexible Protection – Provides flexible options from 30 days to 364 days, not time bound like Open Enrollment
- Faster option – Even as soon next day after the application
- No Penalty – Free to drop coverage any time with no penalty
- Keep your Doctor – Extensive network of health care professionals
Short Term Health Insurance Benefits:
- Cobra: Employers leaving a job can take this plan instead of employer -based plan ‘COBRA’
- Medicaid: For states that do not have Medicare, short term health isurance works as extension of it
- Fit/Healthy Individuals: Yoga practitions fit and healthy people who have no health concerns can take this plan in case of sudden illness/requirement.
How is it different from ACA plans?
Comparing ACA health insurance plans to short term health insurance is like comparing apples to oranges.
|Short term plan||
|Lower premiums||Higher premiums|
|Does not cover pre-existing conditions||Covers pre-existing conditions|
|May be subject to tax penalty for not having minimum essential coverage||May qualify for tax subsidy|
|Coverage available year around||Only during Open Enrollment or if you have a qualifying event outside it|
|Must be approved for coverage||Guaranteed coverage mostly|
|Quick coverage, starts as early as the next day||Usually take 2-6 weeks for coverage to start|
|Get protected from an
unexpected illness or injury
|No option if you are not covered by the ACA plan at the specific time|
The TrueCoverage Advantage
Have more questions about which is the right coverage for you? Our licensed insurance agents will be more than happy to assist you choose the best plan that suits your budget and needs. Yes, you will save time and money and get the right protection for you and your family.
Want to learn more about short term insurance plans that start as low as $2/day?
Call us at 1-888-505-1815 and speak to one of our qualified insurance agents.