Make sure that you and your dependents have theprotection they need. ACA Open Enrollment 2020 is from 1st Nov-15th Dec 2019
One of the underlying concepts of the Affordable Care Act is the certainty that prevention is better than cure.
The Affordable Care Act 2019 ensures that any Marketplace Health Plan must include ‘Preventative Care Services’ without consideration of co-payment or coinsurance.
Your health insurance, (monthly premiums) bought on an exchange, whether federal, state or private must include ‘Preventative care services’.
WHAT ARE PREVENTATIVE CARE SERVICES?
Preventative care is any medical service that reduces the risk of chronic (long term) condition.
Your Marketplace health plan offers you free access to doctor visits for annual physicals, well-woman appointments, and dental cleanings.
Some interventions/medicines are also considered to be preventive, for example, immunizations, contraception, and allergic conditions.
Preventative care includes screenings and tests for skin cancer, cholesterol levels, and colonic conditions.
BUT it is important to note that these services are FREE only if they are delivered by providers in your plan’s network.
Don’t underestimate the value of enrolling.
It might cost you nothing!
It could save you thousands
It WILL give you peace of mind
TAKE ACTION NOW! ACA Open enrollment- 2020 (for January 2020) is one day closer.!
Your Marketplace health plan will include the following services for you and your dependents
Screening and counseling:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm one-time screening for men of specified ages who have ever smoked
- Alcohol misuse screening and counseling
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk
- Colorectal cancer screening for adults 50 to 75
- Depression screening
- Diabetes (Type 2) screening for adults 40 to 70 years who are overweight or obese
- Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease
- Hepatitis B screening for people at high risk
- Hepatitis C screening for adults at increased risk, and one time for everyone born 1945–1965
- HIV screening for everyone ages 15 to 65, and other ages at increased risk
- Syphilis screening for adults at higher risk
- Tobacco use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users
- Tuberculosis screening for certain adults without symptoms at high risk
- Lung cancer screening for adults 55-80 at high risk for lung cancer because they’re heavy smokers or have quit in the past 15 years
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk
- Falls prevention (with exercise or physical therapy and vitamin D use) for adults 65 years and over, living in a community setting
- Aspirin use to prevent cardiovascular disease and colorectal cancer for adults 50 to 59 years with a high cardiovascular risk
- Statin preventive medication for adults 40 to 75 at high risk
- Immunization vaccines for adults — doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary:
Further details HEALTHCARE.gov Preventive care for adults, from which this information is drawn.
OPEN ENROLLMENT (November 1st -December 15th 2019) offers you the opportunity to find the healthcare coverage under the affordable care act that meets your needs and is affordable.
In many cases the cost of monthly premiums are entirely covered by tax relief. The benefits of ACA preventive care are, without additional charge!